If you have a concern about your child's education or about the school in general, we hope to be able to respond to your concerns promptly. In order to do this, we would ask that you speak to your child's class teacher, or to the staff in the office, about your concern as soon as possible. With regular and effective communication, we hope to keep you well informed about your child's progress. Communication is two way - so please also keep us informed about any issues effecting your child outside of school, or anything in school that is worrying you or your child. 

We hope that we won't ever feel the need to make a formal complaint, but if you do, please follow the policy in the School Policies section.

The difference between a concern and a complaint - DfE

'A ‘concern’ may be treated as ‘an expression of worry or doubt over an issue considered to be important for which reassurances are sought’.

A complaint may be generally recognised as ‘an expression or statement of dissatisfaction however made, about actions taken or a lack of action’.

It’s in everyone’s interest that complaints are resolved at the earliest possible stage. Many issues can be resolved informally, without the need to follow formal procedures. Schools should take informal concerns seriously and make every effort to resolve the matter as quickly as possible.

However, there will be occasions when complainants want to raise their concerns formally. In those cases, your complaints procedure should be followed.'

If your complaint is related to your child's special educational needs, please ensure you have made contact with Kim Gregory, SENCo, in the first instance. She will be able to provide guidance and support to help resolve your concerns in the early stages.